The challenge is to complete as many laps of the Pig Route as possible in 24 hours. The clock never stops!
Get a team name. Choose a theme. Dress up. Have fun.
- Teams of up to 6 people – each team member needs to register
- One team member on the course at a time
- Team members can run in any order they wish as many times as they wish
- Slower runners please allow faster runners to pass
- No more than 3 runners on the swing bridge at any time
- No support for runner while on the pig route
- No littering
- Please be aware this is a public track. Be considerate of other track users
- No open fires in camping area (camp stoves are allowed)
- Obey any instructions given to you by race officials
- Be respectful and look after one another
- No hunting
The Pig Route
The campsite is located in a paddock at Whare Flat. From the pig pen in the paddock it’s a 6.71 km route with about 130m of vert through some lovely native bush and including a historic water race.
Mostly the trail is very runnable. There are a few stream crossings and near the end there is a swing bridge.
We have a nice grassy area at Whare Flat with enough space for all Pig of a Relay teams to set up 1 tent for each team.
You will need your own water, food and camping equipment. There is a creek nearby but considering runners are going through it upstream every hour you may not want to drink that.
This is a self-supported event with no aid stations provided.
There is no power so bring your own resources for lighting and charging up your gadgets.
We will provide toilets.
$120 per team
Logo by @timtrippdesign