Pigs Backyard Ultra
Silverstream, Dunedin, New Zealand
“just one more loop ok?”
A Backyard Ultra is a form of running event where competitors try to consecutively run a loop measuring 6.7km in less than one hour. Each competitor chooses how quickly they run the loop (known as a yard) and when each yard is completed, the remaining time within the hour is typically used to recover before the next yard starts on the hour.
Competitors complete as many yards as they can and the winner is the last person to complete a lap within the allocated hour.
Who will be the last person standing?
Pigs Backyard Ultra is run in the wonderful natural beauty of Silverstream reserve, Dunedin. The loop includes a trail beside a water race, a bit of mud, a few stream crossings, loads of native NZ bush and occasionally some wild pigs.
February 12, 2022
Beginning at 10am
Silverstream reserve, Whare Flat, Dunedin
Click on map for Google maps link
- Starting at 10am runners head off on a 6.71km loop
- Runners must finish the loop in one hour
- Following laps start every hour on the hour
- If a runner does not start a lap on the hour they are eliminated and marked as DNS (Did Not Start)
- If a runner does not finish a lap within the hour they DNF (Did Not Finish)
- Winner is the last person to complete a lap within an hour
- If the last runner does not complete a lap within an hour there is no winner
There is no finish
This event is brought to you by Chris Taylor and Steve Tripp who dreamt it up while spending a lot of time running around in circles and drinking craft beer at the Inch Bar.
Register your Interest…
logo by @timtrippdesign